Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Top 10

1) Complete Fragments by Larry Fagin. Concise, absurd, inspiring, and funny as hell. P.S. I'll be introducing Larry before his reading at the Poetry Project (10th St & 2nd Ave, Manhattan) on May 1st at 8pm.

2) Punk: The Best of Punk Magazine Edited by John Holmstrom & Bridget Hurd. An amazing collection that's almost overwhelming.

3) "Loneliness is not living alone, loneliness is the inability to keep someone or something within us company, it is not a tree that stands alone in the middle of a plain but the distance between the deep sap and the bark, between the leaves and the roots." Jose Saramago from The Year in the Death of Ricardo Reis, p. 193

4) A history of my jean jackets. Where I bought them, why I bought them, how much I paid for them, who I was with when I bought them, how I felt when I wore them.

5) "To the Wonder" by Terrence Malick. I wanted to like this film, I really did. Ben Affleck bugs me, always has. Like a frat boy I want to throw a water balloon at. Too many shots of women spinning around. I mean, the whole movie is essentially women spinning around. In houses, in hallways, in fields, on the beach, in Paris, in a front yard, spinning, spinning, spinning. What's worse: it's coy spinning, the worst spinning of all.

6) "You know someone matters to you when they frustrate you." from Missing Out by Adam Philips

7) Blue, Black, Charcoal Grey.

8) HOWL Festival. Saturday, June 1st. Tompkins Square Park. 1-5 PM. I'm curating 4 hours of readings for The Poetry Project. Some amazing poets & musicians lined up. Stay tuned.

9) Writing about the friends I've had since being in NYC. One day I will publish it.

10) Going out for a run on a gorgeous morning. Bye!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Great list, TC! I'm excited about the Howl Festival. Also: "I mean, the whole movie is essentially women spinning around." ha.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home