Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bather with Beach Ball

When you stand up to catch a ball, you leave
the print of your ass cheeks in the sand.
The ocean is salty, we taste it
when we lick the bright
cheese dust from our fingers.
The grit of sand between our teeth.
A beach towel from Bali. Suddenly all the
swimmers are screaming in the foam,
post wave. I put my hand
on your shoulder and let the cool water
dripping from your hair fall
onto my burnt knuckles. The suntan lotion
smeared on my sunglasses is making
everything appear like an old movie.
Soon this will be an old movie.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous summer poem!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!

12:03 AM  
Anonymous glow ball said...

Volley Ball is my first love. I love to play Sand Volley Ball, specially, in raining season. I also, want to tell you some techniques, which you can apply on your game like, to maximize control, soft shots, like hard spikes, should be played with two arms, whenever possible.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home