Sunday, December 04, 2011

Bloom

You can bloom into some new flesh and chrome
being all elegance and sheen. The chief
of the rangy heroes is flat on your back.
Muscle into the meat room, harsh as a prism
off a tin can. Everything you do is special
to the committee that decides such things.
Start lifting heavy objects by bending your knees
(we're just looking out for you).
I don't want anyone to die for a day or two
so we can take in this soft avalanche of days.
I want to be buried by the whole sky.
Do you know what I mean?
Like a time out, where you're kind to everyone
because everyone is fighting
a hard battle. I'm on to you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly said...

I love this, Todd.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Thank you, Kimberly! X

12:22 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I totally did that thing this weekend where I lifted a heavy object without bending my knees enough. (There's my poem right there.)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Glad my poem could be of some service during your heavy lifting weekend, Joanna.

I am a big advocate of passing along at least one piece of practical knowledge in every poem I write. I'm pleased that you were reading closely!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Linda Starcevich said...

This is the first time I've been here. I'm in Venice Fl this week. And in the writing reading exploratory mood. So,. Interesting. Style. It's late will read more ttoday. Linda

ritism

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home