Friday, October 21, 2011

Electric Mass

When I hear people talking about
personal disasters I think this is
going to happen to me someday,
be prepared
. Still, I occupy my
apartment like I'll live here forever.
Old movie tickets tucked inside
of a book by Apollinaire, in the back of the drawer
a secret scribbled note from a lover.
Like any of this will last, like I'll
walk down the stairs a million more
times to get the paper, or say hello
to one of the grumpy neighbors
just to watch them grunt half-heartedly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

This is going to sound weird but... was this longer before? Or did I just imagine there were four more lines at the end and a reprise of "be prepared"?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Yeah, I fiddled with it a bit. Now it's pure muscle. Sort of. Thanks for noticing (and dropping by). Todd!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this poem...

10:21 AM  
Blogger Toast said...

Just glad I'm not losing my mind. Really enjoy your work.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home