Thursday, September 15, 2011

Star Skin

We're all moving towards something:
Scaling the halls of medicine,
humming through gales as oceans
swell above crest points, making
the descendants delirious with caution.
I have stumbled over these streets
and mapped out what I thought
would lead to some brambles
and a patch of good luck. Instead,
I got thick syrups and lousy grub
while I panted over bare feet, thousands of them,
sure of nothing but my own losses. My inconsiderate
ways made me friend to some, the very few
who knew me and the fevers of my youth all strewn
about the Lower East Side. As though
location matters at all when that puff ball
of science clears it all away. I have
moments now and again, real moments
when the shoppers stop and jaws drop
to some lightning quick delicacy
made of yarn and meat. Living and breathing,
you could call it that.
I'd like nothing more than to see you through me
while we share a streak of goodness.
Mumble to me, star skin-
It'll be over sooner than you think,
or so they say, oh say can you see?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this poem...

11:13 AM  
Blogger caro said...

amazing line... "I'd like nothing more than to see you through me"

5:00 PM  
Anonymous gojenny said...

the puff ball lurks in the mouths of ghosts. here we go. miss you.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home