Monday, August 15, 2011

Setting Out

You are murdering the game right now
pale blue as mercury reflected in your eyes
getting ready for fall
creatives jauntily scrutinize the future
finding a new way to live
in the final stages of pure gravy
I'm going to leave a large empty space
on your bedroom wall
I'll stick my head through beams
naughty little heels
my skin is too tight
to walk out of the room
panic is a thing of wonder
traffic lights my books
someday you will
get it back again oh you will
I would like to suggest
that my name be at the top of your list.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Is this poem about how I need to hang things on my walls? (ha)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Todd Colby said...

yes, sort of. the title is from the title of a painting.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm going to leave a large empty space
on your bedroom wall"

Love!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home