Monday, July 25, 2011

Planet Earth

People are really upsetting
with all the things they do in their
free time. We could be so marvelous and
freaky, our private worlds all swirly
and real. But still, when we get up we see
things moving around outside
and we are part of that.
Walk down the street and see how sweet we are.
We won't be here for the after party
because we're here right now.
I'm just saying I feel okay watching
people do just about anything that's
not upsetting. Things are so strange right now
in the world (like that will ever change)
but if you look hard enough, I mean
if you really just look,
there is so much beauty it's almost
liberating. You can handle it,
you are from planet Earth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

"You can handle it,/ you are from planet Earth" should be the epigraph to my next book or else my new mantra.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home