Monday, February 21, 2011

Radiant and Dazzling

I want something really vast and soft
and radiant and dazzling to lift you into
the day so that you feel a real sense of panic
start to recede. There will be gorgeous spiders
and bits of blue skin and something really
sweet like peach pie and honey and pomegranate
jam and stuff like that. Huge flakes of snow
won't piss you off like they do me when you
walk in the field in Prospect Park someone
is there won't you watch them watch you
walk to me? I can't control what you do
in your free time but I can make a helpful
suggestion or three. Won't all the days you thought
would never end finally end and become
planted in your memory as calm shivers? A shark never
stops moving, not even for you, so why should
you stop getting jacked up before bed, if not for me?
The city is all moist and expectant
like my hand on your cheek as you sleep,
I certainly hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Toast said...

What a great way to start the week. Love your work.

8:02 AM  
Blogger VicoLetter said...

Radiant and Dazzling
with a sprinkling of calm shivers...
Thanks Todd
Vico

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love.

3:19 PM  
Blogger caro said...

Delicate and moving...

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home