Saturday, February 26, 2011

King of Time

I'm going to use the words you love
write something that smells like beer
light a bonfire on the roof
toss pine cones at the neighbor
kids I'm going to shout into a dirt clod
like it was a microphone
in a laundromat I will go back to my school
and jump around the auditorium like I never
did once I should have stuck my finger
in a socket in the Principal's office I will leap
into the air from the water tower spray
some paint over a "Rimbaud" stencil
on the back of my V.W. light the action
in the aftermath of glory comes platinum
oh you inspectors of cruelty I'll have none of your
sparkled hairdos and misshapen identities
you can keep your hot pounds and your celebrities with glass eyes
go throw yourself into a wall I prefer to chat with my mouth
or chew into an apple of deeper beats in this backwater of life
uninterrupted by death I have a hand waving
get me out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home