Monday, January 03, 2011

Hello, Future

It's nice to have people again
people that don't want to leave me
for the latest big sound or some
ruffled sunset with violin cues
and all that stuff that makes us ooh and aah.
There is already enough intensity
in the mere whip of days. Every day
opens until it does not, it just stops.
I mean, I'd love to give my friends an orange
and silver parade every morning
but what the people really need are good shoes
and friendly clerks who help them find
things they didn't know they needed.
I'll be that clerk for you. I'm a good shaker,
I've used a salad spinner in another life.
I have the gift of glitter. I think I started
drawing lines as a boy and then they turned into
letters and then I learned to type and wrote
this for you. I will always have you, I said.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this.

9:58 AM  
Blogger ~x~ said...

i knew it was going to be a good morning.
thanks, mister.

10:19 AM  
Blogger ~x~ said...

you will always have me
i said

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home