Monday, December 27, 2010

Normal Hours

My building is a giant ocean liner that has been set adrift
and I am the only one on board lurching through the ink dark sea
in a hunk of steel in the middle of the night. Waves lash
at the side of my vessel and wind pounds the windows.
I've turned my house upside down thinking of you always.
I wish I was watching a stupid movie and not so worried
wearing a paper crown can you transport me there?
I was thinking of you happy as can be sweating
in your grandmother's fur, eating bacon and sipping
champagne. I'm on a retreat, I'm getting my house in order.
I'll put on a one piece snowsuit and roll in the snow
until I can't feel anything. And then I'll go to work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sighs. Sweetness to you on this snowy day.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So very lovely.

10:22 AM  
Blogger hmla2599 said...

I let out a deep breath with this one.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home