Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just Saying

I am Todd. How I sleep so lightly
I could be thinking my bed is a boat
doing things to me like drifting out to sea. I am crisp.
That I was so worried about anything. That I
was a shaker making the world into nerves.
The way dried rice springs up on stone
when dropped there is a body snapping on the earth.
Thanking the day the way I would thank a mechanic for fixing
a machine. Such an odd way to be walking
around thanking things. Candy for Halloween. I am alert
to the model of my mechanisms. I mean really:
so lovely North of here, like if I were a sailor in the Atlantic
just the swells lapping at my boat, with small pictures
like getting home in one piece, like supper,
like the taste of almond butter and honey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thanking the day the way I would thank a mechanic for fixing a machine."

brilliant.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home