Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ultra Joy

Just in time for water
I walk on summer all the way
to you: full of laughter and fluid
I come to you ready
to set you free from all
that holds you to me
and the consequences of desire
which are really only stories
we'll tell people about
this story and the story
goes like this:
we're in the thick of it
living to tell about it
by placing a finger
in the middle of your chest
"it is here" and the bone
is there like a plate of glass
lifts a bit to reveal
all you'll get done
with a helper outside
waiting to bring it all in
I'm glad my apartment is a bus
because we are going someplace
regal and superb like Dallas
in the Himalayas it just makes
sense to walk with you anywhere
at all and then there is ultra joy
and we are soaking in it, soberly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh todd. yes!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

Todd, you make me want to be a better writer. Love!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home