Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Poem for Lovers

You have a friend
I will not have another dramatic holiday ever again
I just want a panther I can depend on
sister night, everything looks good
what I'm good for is what I'm still figuring out
distance in that tone, I can feel it
let's get a gorilla a day
no one is texting me or anything
packages with citrus flowers
if I deny something it will not go away
go outside and be dangerous
every time I came to you
look at the details of the blur
you have an expanse, some real time for greatness
a feeling of being misled through a forest
the nights will be black and white
I'm a poet I know my body
I look like real people with nothing left
everything I ever believed to be true
lilted in the mouth, these words softening
you could be doing it and saying it
walking through it and telling about it
this word is silent
you are free

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love love this.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Phil Rafferty said...

This is just fabulous. "If I deny something it will not go away" sits perfectly in this poem. Well done.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxo

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Taypee said...

I adore this/

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home