Monday, May 10, 2010

No Sweaters (Sometimes)

Let me take a walk in your country
make those cardinals dart around
on the branches of that ginkgo tree
in your country
all the trucks run silently
and the kids speak in their indoor voices
men and women float around
like they're in a Chagall painting
in your country gravity
is optional and the people
all look like they are not moody
or prone to exhaustion
or fevered pitches of any kind at all
in your country people find the time
to do nothing at all
sitting around and breathing
from the belly is a virtue
in your country there are beets
and herring and avocados and no
one remembers to cry because they
are meditating because they are all about
the present and what it means to them
no sweaters are allowed in your country (sometimes)
because it's always pleasantly warm with a slight breeze
I'm going to put my feet up and chill out
in your country maybe take a vacation
and forget about making a living
and paying the rent and stuff like that
I think I could live in your country
do you think I could live in your country?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I'm pretty sure you could live in my country.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home