Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Everything Came Together

I can't breathe with your hand over my mouth.
It's just not nice. I can pulverize myself just fine
with stunning candies lodged in my throat
humming yellow, bumping pink, blinking red.
There are so many cute families with babies that
can disappear. Never mind the owner, beware the dog.
Tall, with bitter skin giving up stroking
and candy. It's just so nice to know someone
you'll never know will tell you when you're
bleeding on them. This winter has done a number
on us all. I want to pepper my words to you
with kisses but my lips don't work
because a vandal cooked them into a soft grimace.
I'm on to you, but I'd rather be on you
or on our way home with a digital device
helping us navigate the blasted landscape.
Tonight I'll put the scotch tape pajamas
on just for you and dance around
in front of the bed like a little dork.
Now, how that be?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with duct tape we keep things together

10:02 AM  
Blogger hmla2599 said...

I think that would be pretty wonderful, frankly.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh yes please.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home