Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Waving

What you hold dear is not gone or fading
or never there to begin with the day is
like that unfolding a shirt say and spending
a full minute reading the logo
letters mean nothing so pretend the shirt
says winner and you are winning at this
by staying steady in your smooth life
like by willing it you could climb a mountain
without oxygen or descend deeper than
those weird fish in the dark you are somebody
to me and you are trying to do this thing now.
I love you more than all the wind on my
skin as your cab pulls away. I love you like
that and so that's what I choose please
be good with it in the rain
and keep waving me to you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone's a winner

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this poem. I just reread it about 30 times.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i punch my fantastic dick to your fantastic words. just beat it!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home