Thursday, December 03, 2009

Watch What You Remember

Watch what you remember: me dancing,
I did that, and sang too for you on the 6th floor.
If no one is there to see me land gracefully on the rug
on one foot does that mean it didn't happen?
Night is funny when I look at it from
the roof it looks all luminous and jewel-like.
It is one advantage of living in the city.
Memory is so dull, imprecise, and repetitive, and anyway,
they're all reruns and I've seen them dozens of times.
I have this thing, what is it called?
Oh, yeah, it's me and I miss you. Hi.

4 Comments:

Anonymous me said...

from here on the 4th floor i can see ice on the river, a towering spruce, traffic jammers and the power dome. Hi Todd.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you really landed "gracefully" then yes, it happened! hi.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen you dance, Todd. And you are very graceful, so yes, it did indeed happen. I wish I'd been there to see it. JK

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shirley temple - cynthia gregory - balanchine - antony tudor - erik bruhn - heather watts - le danse

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home