Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Top 12 Wednesday

1) Listening to the cold rain while reading under a down blanket.

2) Just feeling total love for Joe Brainard and how much he's made me smile over the years whenever I've been sad.

3) Remembering how much I bring to the table of love.

4) Sweet Jane.

5) A warm shower can change your point of view.

6) Patti Smith and Alice Notley. How strong and creative they've both been in the face of enormous grief. They are my heroes and I salute them.

7) Realizing how much I don't need.

8) Peanut butter and jelly on toasted Ezekiel Bread washed down with ice cold milk while reading the NY Times (breakfast and dinner).

9) The simple basic stuff like being kind to myself and others everyday.

10) Bob Dylan, you've been there every single time my heart has been broken. Thanks Bob!

11) Riding my bike home at night. Thank you for setting me free, bike!

12) Dancing, even when it hurts to breathe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another glorious and gifted list. Thanks, Todd!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So great. That C.W. version of "Sweet Jane" is always so touching. You just made my day, sir.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Yes to all of this. Esp. Brainard, Dylan, and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine. Also reading under the covers. Yep.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANCING MACHINE!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home