Friday, November 20, 2009

Here

I know that it is considered good luck
to kiss in front of a cardinal in Brooklyn.
I can't do much with what came before me
but I do know that a red stain in a tree is a cardinal.
In the palm of my hand is a red dot
or on the street between my blue feet: red.
What more could I do than too little?

I'm walking here.

I habitually check the forecast just to be sure about something,
like you. When is the sting? Bracing for that all the time.
We will promote an end to that, I forecast.
What little could be done while you are still here?
You are still. This is bigger and better than a parade
or a splashy happy headline. It's worth making slash marks in the air
in order to make a point or to motion me over with a finger like, here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i really dont know how i came across your blog but this poem here is great i love it, its with so much compassion, well at least i can tell.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home