Wednesday, September 23, 2009

From Where I Am

Thunder is just deep bass
and the paper on the floor
can be folded into unusual shapes.
Household cleaning products
like dirt would ever come from a can
and be sprinkled over a book of poems.
Dust can be blown from a car
(but I'll never own a car). The woods
are miles from here green and lunch
will be served from a plastic thing.
I'm not going to give you what
I do not have but I'll build
you something sturdy and silver
and sumptuous like a robot
made from electrodes, tinfoil and meat.
I like you because you make
dancing seem fun when I sing
you move your hips to the beat
of my black licorice heart. Won't you
dance all the time, even when you're afraid
to dance, even when you feel cruddy?
Circle one: yes or no.

3 Comments:

Anonymous kimberly said...

I wake up, I pour coffee, I read your words, I smile. Thanks.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i circle - maybe. (it all depends on just how cruddy...) XXXO!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I circle yes. I'll dance for you anytime!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home