Friday, June 05, 2009

Walk Away

I want to be significant refreshing and informative
as a soft drink spilled over the New York Times
there's nothing left of me but you
or so you'd like to think after the excitement
there is disappointment just as there are
people who dread going into buildings
because they remember where they came from
and the hurt they will not rise above now that
they're all decorated in zeros the walls shiver
I can breathe on you when your pelvic bone
presses against my thigh bone alert to need
nothing can prepare you for the war in your own fur
like mass appeal and prestige could help you forget major
mistakes alone in a room forgetting nothing but dismay
the evening is so dumb so crowded with memory
so awake at the table so fucking around
until dawn when I can make changes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

7:13 AM  
Blogger VicoLetter said...

don't know what to write but 'wow' is right! todd, any plans for a new book? may was intense but had my copy of 'riot in the charm factory' and read it every day. xo Vico

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home