Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Heat Transfer Years

Warm tastes sweet
and sometimes bitter;
cold can seem salty
or sour. There are people
trying to sketch the wind
talking like their mouths are
full of bread. The modern kids seem
vexed while they work on seizures
of sunlight. Everyone breaks
my face and I get hurt
by light blue. You can put the concave
part of a cool spoon against your lips
and practice kissing someone you miss
before eating your cereal. I come
to you in peace with the smell
of factory on my arms. To meld
with the world as only a martini
could once make you meld. Red and raised.
Aspirin tablets on brown dirt. To make
our hope real is to destroy it with red
and orange being warning colors.

2 Comments:

Anonymous kimberly said...

"To meld with the world as only a martini could once make you meld."

-a lofty, yet beautiful goal.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I like this. A lot.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home