Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To be kissed on the forehead by the future me

When you get there you will know
you will know what comfort means
you will be kissed on the forehead
by a tender me if I were to meet
myself in a year and be kissed
on the forehead how was your year
it will never be alright nights will
be painful I was there I saw the nights
it is happening to people I know
I would kiss them too on the forehead
by the older me the one who made it
through the year that would be the one
kissing not just a hollow form it is vast
it is gigantic a kiss on the head
by the man I'll be in a year the comfort
of that knowing kiss of me who will
have made it to then.

Love,
Todd

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took my breath away, that one. Simply lovely, Todd.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is excellent! It goes without saying we all need kisses.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kimberly and Matt. Very sweet of you to stop by and comment so beautifully.

Todd

5:22 AM  
Blogger MandyB said...

You put words to what so many of us feel, Toddy - we'll survive the year and be better when we are ready.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home