Wednesday, December 17, 2008

While I was in Paris

While I was in Paris
a dog. Then a bagette and
some plum preserves. It was sunny
and there were people chatting
by a beautiful building.
They knew me. I was strolling
along a street and then I went
inside a cafe and chatted in French
for a good hour. The best hour of my life
was that hour. Then another dog
and someone mentioned the stars
and the clarity of light. It was
such a nice feeling that I
and then another dog interupted
Parisian dogs and I didn't feel
sad in Paris I felt alright
like things were going to be okay.

3 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo555 said...

todd...when i was in paris (only once) i saw an abandoned guinea pig in a handbag with a head of lettuce on a blistering day and (thankfully) didn't witness directly but heard and was privy to the aftermath of a tiny dog jumping in desperation from a third floor apartment building.
methinks you had a more okay time. maybe next year in the city o' lights.
leslea

10:18 PM  
Blogger Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

I have never been to Paris but now I feel I have.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

I'm hoping my travel poems will serve as room and board to far away places. A companion on the plane with a good story to tell in a language you almost understand. And then, somewhere over the Atlantic, he says "I'll be back" and never does (come back). A tiny splash in the ocean and you know why.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home