Monday, August 18, 2008

Acting Reasonable

What you can expect when exploring the potential of reason is anger. You might stand up during a fit and have a stroke and believe one side of your hair has turned to marble. You can't put a comb through marble with an arm you can't raise. The lights are lime colored and flashing, making it difficult to read the anger manual. It's Thursday but it feels like Wednesday because there are no meetings today--maybe a root canal maybe a crown, maybe just bring the entire contents of my apartment to the dentist and tell him to fuck it. I gave a little push with my shoulder to open the door leading out to the porch but there was a memorial service going on out there with rustling and sobbing so I curled up on the floor with some peppermint gas. There are a lot of people saying a lot of things which makes it hard to get to know the person speaking. I will introduce myself to the doctors and the scientists and the guy that knows all about logic. I won't stomp around or get frustrated. I'll play chess and start acting reasonable.

4 Comments:

Blogger elizabethzechel@gmail.com said...

I love it when you act reasonable--

xo
e

1:06 PM  
Blogger H A said...

yay, you updated. i like this.

(i am feeding you into my google reader.)

ps
i ♥ my new running shoes.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Todd Colby said...

Hey--glad the shoes are working out. Poets of the world have got to run! I'm doing what I can for the people!

Remember: Alice Notley's Mysteries of Small Houses & Walter Benjamin's Arcades Project, kay?

TC

9:18 AM  
Blogger Brian A.k.A B-Sting said...

On such days an old friend of mine would say "you have to take the bull by the horns." Some people would see fit to stylize their marble hair with a hammer and chisel and put themselves on display in Prospect Part, ever mindful pigeons, while you have taken control of the moment by deciding to play chess and act reasonable. This choice of course creates no need to be mindful of pigeons.
P.S. This friend of mine used to work in a bookstore. I wonder what he is up to these days?

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home