Friday, April 11, 2008

Important Friday Stuff

Negative Capability, according to Keats:

"When a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries , doubts without any irritable reaching after fact and reason."

***********************

The two best Lou Reed albums:
1) Street Hassle
2) Coney Island Baby

***********************

Dueling lyrics from Lou Reed's Street Hassle:

Last night while eating dinner with my dear old friend and publisher Sander Hicks, I blurted out the following lyrics from Street Hassle because the situation called for it. He followed up, word-for-word with the second passage. Sander and Lou, I love you guys.

1)
"You know, some people got no choice
And they can never find a voice
To talk with that they can even call their own
So the first thing that they see
That allows them the right to be
Why they follow it, you know, its called bad luck"

2)
"I'm not being smart
Or trying to be cold on my part
And I'm not gonna wear my heart on my sleeve
But you know people get all emotional
And sometimes, man, they just dont act rational
They think they're just on TV"



******************

I rode 100-miles on my bike in Prospect Park today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home