Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Here's the Rub

Trees don't look heavy
but they are heavy
and here's the rub:
you have to cut them down
in order to weigh them
I envision you interpreting
this as a call to arms
the axe is ready
it is very shiny and there
is special grip stuff on the handle
a chain saw is full of fuel
and the souped-up
scale is ready too.
What's remarkable is
is my head
which is just aching to be shaved
down the hall is a woman --
a little crazy but inspired --
go to her
she has a rubber stamp
alphabet set and she leaves
notes on the trees in the park
with their approximate weight
and degree of their ability
to have poems written about them
(for example: "THIS TREE WEIGHS
APPROXIMATELY 10,000 LBS
ACCORDING TO MY CALCULATIONS
WHICH I CAN EXPLAIN LATER. DEGREE
OF THIS TREE'S ABLITY TO HAVE A POEM
WRITTEN ABOUT IT: 32 %).
She shaved my head
while I was in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home