Monday, November 06, 2006

NYC Marathon

I completed my 4th NYC Marathon yesterday in 3:22:24 which made it my 2nd fastest marathon ever. It was a nearly perfect day with temps in the low 50's and very light wind. I suffered plenty but I always feel like I gain something that I can't quiet explain out on the course--perhaps it's simply a deeper realization of my favorite three words when it comes to enduring anything: patience, humility, and fortitude.

Here's a photo our friend Melissa took of me racing down 4th Avenue in Brooklyn (I'm just in front of the guy in the orange hat):

















Here I am looking tired while eating "homemade soup" at the Prospect Park Track Club hospitality room after the marathon:

1 Comments:

Blogger shanna said...

WOOOO! You rock.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home